In 1866, Peter Baxter’s misfortune ends the day he leaves Badgerys Creek orphanage. Unsure of what to do next, Peter finds himself on a farm run by Mr. Brown. An aging man, Brown needs help and is happy to give Peter a place to live in exchange for his labor. Unbeknownst to Peter, Brown’s past is riddled with dark secrets tied to the same orphanage, which he has documented in a red folder.
During a chance encounter, Peter meets Rose. Peter cannot help but fall in love with her beauty, grace, and wit but fears that his affection will go unrequited as a result of his crippling poverty. But fate changes when Peter joins the search for gold in Hill End, New South Wales. Striking it rich, he returns to Rose a wealthy man. Peter is changed by his new found affluence, heading towards the mire of greed. Will Rose regret her relationship with Peter?
Meanwhile, Rose has her own troubled history. One that is deeply entwined with Brown’s past and Peter’s future.
The Pacifist Pre-Order Giveaway
1 - What You Can Win
1. Every pre-order purchase of The Pacifist guarantees that you are entitled to a free copy of Mehreen Ahmed's Snapshots.
2. One of two $25 Amazon gift cards. Winners will be randomly selected from those that pre-order.
3. One of three Cosmic Teapot Publishing sling backpacks. Winners will be randomly selected from those that pre-order.
4. One of ten Cosmic Teapot Publishing bookmarks. Winners will be randomly selected from those that pre-order.
3 - Rules
1. When you purchase a copy of The Pacifist and submit proof of purchase to Cosmic Teapot Publishing, you will be entered to win any of the prizes listed above.
2. Every purchase will grant you a free digital copy of Mehreen Ahmed's Snapshots.
3. Direct family members of either the author or the publisher are not allowed to enter.
4. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries.
5. A list of winners will be published on www.cosmicteapot.net.
6. Contest closes at midnight, May 10, 2017.
7. I realize that these aren't really rules, but rather, general information about the draw.